Setting up your Hireup account is the first stage in beginning your journey as a support worker on the platform. This is also the first stage in finding, hiring and managing your team as a person seeking support.
The support you can provide
Hireup has eight different types of support. Every worker who joins Hireup chooses the types of support they can provide. This helps us match people properly and makes sure we’re all on the same page about the kind of support you can provide. Your types of support are not set in stone and can be changed at any point.
Our casual employment contract
Hireup’s unique contractor-free model means we are the legal employer of all Hireup support workers and take responsibility for your safety, it shows that we care about your future, and it allows us to pay employee benefits and provide you with round the clock support.
As a Hireup support worker
- You are a casual employee
- You are paid industry leading wages
- You are covered by comprehensive insurance cover
- You are paid superannuation
- You are paid penalty and casual loading
- There are opportunities for professional development
As a Hireup support worker
- You are not an independent contractor
- You do not need an ABN
- You do not have to negotiate your own rates
- You do not have to pay your own super and tax
- You do not have to buy your own insurance
Your level of experience/qualification in the sector
You do not need any experience or qualifications in disability support to become a Hireup support worker. People seeking support on Hireup are looking to connect with workers of all different backgrounds and levels of experience. To get started you need to complete our pre-employment checks.
Creating your Hireup account
- To create your Hireup account, visit www.hireup.com.au/register
- You will be asked to provide proof that you have completed our pre-employment checks so make sure you have the certificates and documents you need close by.
Tip: We recommend you go through the sign up process on a computer (instead of a phone or tablet) and use the browser Google Chrome (instead of Safari, Internet Explorer or Firefox).
What you will need
- Drivers license or passport – Hireup collects one form of photo ID from all new workers to confirm their identity
- CV – we ask for a current CV to get to know you a bit better
- Two professional referees – we conduct standard professional and character references
- Police criminal record check – we require all workers to submit a Police Criminal Record Check (issued within the last 12 months for the purpose of paid employment, with children and/or vulnerable people) as it provides any disclosable court outcomes that Hireup should be aware of
- CPR and First Aid qualifications – we require all workers to have a valid certificate in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and/or First Aid, from an Australian registered provider
- Working with Children Check (WWCC) – we ask for a WWCC from all workers looking to work with children under 18 years old. This is mandatory for child related employment (in select states only)
- Working with Vulnerable People Check (WWVP) – if it is mandated by the worker’s state for disability and social services work, we ask for a WWVP
a. Getting a Police Criminal Record Check
Go to Cited (click here) and apply online. The process is quick and easy and you should receive your check within 24-48 hours. The check will cost you $42.
b. Getting a Working with Children/Vulnerable People Check
Depending on where you live you may be required to get a state based screening to work with children and/or vulnerable people. Click on your state below to find out what screenings you will need:
- NSW Working with Children Check
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Check
- NT Working with Children Clearance
- QLD Working with Children Check and Positive Exemption Notice (Blue Card or Yellow Card)
- SA Disability Screening
- TAS Working with Vulnerable Registration
- VIC Working with Children Check
- WA Working with Children Check
c. Choosing your professional referees
Your two professional referees should know you well in a professional capacity. This could be a past or present person seeking support, supervisor/manager, colleague or teacher.
d. Choosing a CPR/First Aid course
We require our support workers to have a valid certificate in either CPR or First Aid. Hireup can accept any of the follow course codes:
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR - valid for 1 year from completion date
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support - valid for 3 years from completion date
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid - valid for 3 years from completion date
- HLTAID004 Provide emergency first aid response in an education & care setting - valid for 3 years from completion date
- HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid - Valid for 3 years from completion date
- HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation - Valid for 12 months from completion date
Registered health practitioners will need to supply their registration details and relevant training certificates, please get in touch with our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
e. Uploading a profile photo
Have a photo ready that you can use as your Hireup profile photo. You’ll be asked to upload it as you create your account.
Work related visa policy
If you are on an international visa, please get in contact with our applications team by emailing email@example.com to see if we can accept your visa type.