- What is Hireup’s specialised support training?
Hireup’s specialised support training consists of 5 modules that cover - infection control, manual handling, specialised daily supports, health and medication and behaviour management
- Is this training mandatory?
It is only mandatory for support workers once they have had 3 or more bookings with someone who requires specialised support.
- There are 5 modules, do I have to do all of them if I provide specialised support?
You only have to do the modules specific to the support the people you work with require on Hireup. For example, if you support someone who only requires manual handling, you’ll only have to do that module.
- Can everyone access this training?
If you don’t support someone with specialised support needs, then unfortunately not at this stage. We are hoping to make this more readily available to our support workers in the future as we want to provide further learning and development opportunities for everyone.
- Although the person I support requires specialised support, I don’t provide any, do I need to complete this training?
Yes, we assume that if the person seeking support has indicated they require some form of specialised support, it’s in everyone’s best interest for the support worker to be trained in this. In the case that something unforeseen comes up during a booking, we want our workers to be equipped with the right knowledge.
- How long do I have to complete each module?
We recognise and pay each module as one hour of work.
You have 14 days to complete your training before we place restrictions on your bookings that require specialised support. It’s a requirement for Hireup employees to complete any assigned training as we work together to ensure safe and effective support in the community.
If you don't complete your assigned training within 30 days, we will cancel any existing bookings you have that involved specialised support. Restrictions are lifted as soon as you do the training.
- What if I cannot complete the training in 14 days
Please contact our team on (02) 9113 5933 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues completing the required training within 14 days.
- Where can I find this training?
- How much do I get paid?
You will be paid at the level 1 rate of $32.31 (excluding super)
- Do I have to complete the modules in order?
The only two specialised support modules that have a prerequisite are specialised daily supports and health and medication support. Before you can start these, you’ll need to first complete the infection control module, as they are closely linked.
- I support more than one person with the same specialised support needs? Do I need to do the same module twice?
No you’ll only be required to complete each module once. However, if you then support someone with a different type of specialised support need, you’ll be asked to complete the relevant training.
- What if I answer a question incorrectly?
You’ll be prompted to reanswer the question, you won’t be able to move on until you get the right answer, don’t worry, we will help guide you.