Having a detailed and vibrant profile is essential to making connections that are a good fit on Hireup. But what makes a great profile?
Similar to a resume, your Hireup profile should include your up-to-date availability, relevant experience and your unique interests. Regularly update the types of support you are comfortable with and add any new experience working on Hireup.
Having a really clear profile picture can also make a big difference to your profile. Your profile image should:
- Clearly show your face (not blurry) and a smile is always best
- Not be an old photo so that clients can easily identify you when you meet in person
About you - Your bio
Great Hireup profiles describe what you’re like as a person, the things in your life that you love and that you love to do.
Your bio should include:
- A brief summary of your relevant experience and qualifications (the details of your work experience you can add in ‘work history’). If you are new to support work you may want to mention other work experience or qualifications you have ie. hospitality or IT. This could make a difference to clients looking for someone with specific skills.
- Describe what you are like as a person and a worker. Include affiliations and characteristics for example: LGBTQI+ friendly or non smoker. Mentioning these small things can make a big difference to clients searching for new workers.
- Mention your unique interests - the more specific the better. What do you like and what do you like to do? Be specific with what music artists you like, sports teams you follow or video games you play. Many clients search for workers using keywords so don’t hide or downplay your interests - if your guilty pleasure is knitting or watching anime, clients want to know about it.