As a Hireup user or account manager, you have committed to being a successful manager of your own team of disability support workers. You have also committed to following the Hireup policies and procedures, including our Code of Conduct for people seeking support.
Hireup Policies and Procedures have been developed to make sure that Hireup is a safe, secure, healthy and happy community to be a part of. If you do not follow these we can suspend or terminate your access to our online platform. Suspension or termination may happen for any of the reasons listed below. This list is not exhaustive:
- Your profile includes offensive, defamatory, derogatory, misleading, deceptive or inappropriate material
- You use the Hireup Platform to send secure messages for a purpose, which is not related to your requirements for support services (for example, to sell goods or services to someone)
- The information you have given about your support requirements is not accurate
- You do not provide a safe working environment for Hireup support workers
- You do not provide satisfactory induction training to Hireup support worker(s)
- You do not appropriately supervise or guide your Hireup support workers
- You direct your Hireup support workers to complete activities that are unlawful or outside of their job description and Hireup policies and procedures
- You assault, harass or intimidate any Hireup support worker or deliberately or negligently expose a support worker to risk or harm
- You do not act honestly in approving or declining completed bookings
- You falsely claim that support services have not been completed or were of a shorter time than the actual service provided
- You propose or accept an arrangement where a support worker provides support and is paid outside of the Hireup Platform
- You disclose private or personal information about Hireup or a Hireup support worker to an external third party
- You do not pay for completed bookings within the required timeframes.
If Hireup is made aware of any incidents or issues, which could be a breach of our Code of Conduct or a Hireup Policy or Procedure, we may suspend your access to our platform and your arrangement with us.
If your account and access is suspended, Hireup will:
- Get in touch to tell you the reason(s) for the suspension
- Develop a continuity of service plan for your support requirements
- Contact your Hireup support workers to advise them of your suspension and to cancel any bookings in the suspension period.
- Conduct a review and investigation into the incident or issue
- Keep you informed of the progress of this incident or investigation
- Advise you of the outcome of any review or investigation, which could include reinstatement or termination of your account and access to the Hireup Platform.
If your account is suspended, you will still have to pay for any completed bookings up to and including the date of suspension.
If Hireup is made aware of any incidents or issues, which constitute a serious breach of our Policies or Procedures, we reserve the right to terminate your access to our platform and your arrangement with Hireup. This may happen as the result of an investigation or review, or after a serious and wilful breach has occurred.
We understand that people seeking support need continuity of service and will work with you to develop an agreed continuity of service plan if your account is to be terminated.
If your account and access is terminated, Hireup will:
- Advise you in writing of the reason(s) for termination
- Develop a continuity of service plan that takes into account your support requirements and the reason(s) for termination
- Contact your Hireup support workers to advise them of your termination and to cancel any future bookings
- Send any outstanding invoices to you for payment
If your account is terminated, you will still be liable for payment for any completed bookings up to and including the date of termination.
If your Registration Process is not completed within six months from when you created your Account; or if you do not update your Profile, or do not send a secure message through the Platform, or you don't make a booking for over six months, Hireup may:
- suspend your Account
- deactivate your Account and Profile
- terminate our Agreement with you.
Any amounts due for services provided before your account is deactivated will still have to be paid.
Appeal and review
If you feel that the suspension or termination of your account was inappropriate, you can make a request for a review by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.