As a Hireup support worker, you have committed to provide high quality service to all people seeking support and abide by the code of conduct for home care and support workers, and policies and procedures.
Once your access to the platform has been approved, it is your responsibility to read through the Code of Conduct and policies and procedures for support workers and ask us questions about anything that is not clear.
Our Code of Conduct and policies and procedures have been developed to ensure that Hireup is a safe, secure, healthy and happy community to be a part of.
We value your work and want to assist you to reach high levels of performance in the support services that you provide for each and every booking you confirm on our platform.
We are committed to providing ongoing training and support to enable you to meet your own professional expectations and the expectations of people seeking support.
Hireup reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to our platform and your arrangement with us, if you do not abide by our Code of Conduct and the Hireup Policies and Procedures.
Suspension or termination may happen in any of the circumstances below. This list is not exhaustive:
- Your profile includes offensive, defamatory, derogatory, misleading, deceptive or inappropriate material
- You use the Hireup Platform to send secure messages for a purpose, which is not related to the support services you provide (for example, to sell goods or services to any person)
- You do not honour your commitments to provide support services for confirmed bookings
- You fail to maintain all relevant certificates and qualifications to ensure compliance with Hireup's quality standards (for example, your first aid/CPR certifications or your working with children/vulnerable people checks and police checks are not up-to-date)
- You assault, harass or intimidate a participant or deliberately or negligently expose a participant to risk or harm
- You propose or accept an arrangement to provide services to a person seeking support outside of the Hireup platform
- You disclose private or personal information about Hireup or a person seeking support through Hireup to an external third party
- You fail to comply with the Hireup Policies and Procedures
- You do not comply with the Code of Conduct.
As a Hireup support worker you will have different opportunities and interactions that will assist to enhance the quality of your performance. These may include:
- Performance management led by the people you are supporting
- Community-led performance management
- Post-booking ratings system
- Ongoing check-ins
- Specific training relevant to the people you are supporting including an ‘in-shift’ induction
If Hireup is made aware of any incidents or issues, which could be a breach of our policies and procedures or Code of Conduct, we may suspend your access to the platform and your arrangement with Hireup. If your account access is suspended, Hireup will:
- Write to you to explain the reason(s) for the suspension
- Contact the people you work with to advise them of your suspension and to cancel any future bookings
- Conduct a review and investigation into the incident or issue
- Keep you informed of the progress of this incident or investigation
- Advise you of the outcome of any review or investigation, which could include reinstatement or termination of your account and access to the Hireup platform.
If Hireup is made aware of any incidents or issues, which constitute a serious breach of any Hireup policy or procedure or the Code of Conduct, we reserve the right to terminate your access to the Hireup platform and your arrangement with Hireup. This may occur as the result of an investigation or review, or after a serious and wilful breach has occurred.
If your account and access is terminated, Hireup will:
- Advise you in writing or by telephone of the reason for termination
- Contact the people you support to advise them of your termination and cancel any future bookings.
If you do not complete the registration process within six months of creating your account; or if you fail to update your profile, or you don't send a secure message through the platform or create a booking for more than six months, Hireup may:
- suspend your account
- deactivate your account and profile
- terminate our Agreement with you.
Appeal and review
If you feel that the suspension or termination of your account was inappropriate, you can make a request for a review by emailing email@example.com.