The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) offers a range of options for managing your plan. There are three ways to manage your NDIS plan:
- NDIA (agency) managed
These options allow choice and control on how you receive support. You can also receive a combination of these three options.
Self-managed funding gives NDIS participants the most control over how they receive support. If you are self-managed, you will be responsible for purchasing support within your budget to help you achieve your NDIS goals.
Some of the benefits of self-managed funding include:
- having choice over any support provider, both NDIS registered providers and unregistered providers
- hiring your own staff or paying someone else to hire them on your behalf
- responsibility for your funding to manage your budget how you’d like
Plan-managed funding gives the same level of control as self-managed funding, with the added assistance of a plan manager. A plan manager should:
- pay providers for the support you use
- help you track your funds
- complete any financial reporting required
- be an NDIS registered provider
If you are approved for plan-managed funding, you will receive funding as part of your NDIS budget.
Other plan-management benefits could include:
- having choice and control across providers
- choosing providers below the NDIS rate
- using your plan manager to manage book-keeping
NDIA managed funding gives participants the choice to use any NDIS registered provider, while managing your bookkeeping and paying providers directly.
NDIA-managed and plan-managed participants will still need to manage budgets carefully to ensure sufficient funds are available for all required supports.
For more information on the NDIA, please visit our blog.
For more information about managing your Hireup account check out our blog on managing your account, or contact the team at email@example.com.