At Hireup, we genuinely care about the safety of our community. For us, this means listening when we ask questions, hearing when we receive feedback and acting in the best interests of our community now and into the future.
We apply the following principles to the management of complaints and feedback:
Hireup is open to receiving complaints and feedback, and we make sure that all users feel comfortable in providing feedback and complaints. At Hireup there are no negative consequences for any person who makes a complaint.
Hireup values your insights and will actively seek feedback from our users through surveys, phone check-ins and online features.
Hireup will address all complaints in a confidential manner. Only the people directly involved in making, investigating or resolving the complaint will have access to information about it.
Hireup will respond promptly to any feedback or complaint made. We will communicate effectively with the relevant people throughout the process.
Fairness and Equity
Hireup will ensure fair, consistent and proper procedures are followed in addressing complaints and feedback.
What is a Complaint?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction from a user about Hireup, its employees, operations or reputation. This could be formal or informal from any service user, community member, family member, or advocate and may relate to a service you are unhappy about or to an allegation of abuse or neglect.
What is Feedback?
Feedback can be positive or negative and Hireup encourages you to share your thoughts with us. Feedback can provide opportunities for Hireup to improve the way we do things as individuals and as an organisation.
How to report?
If your complaint is about someone you are working with on Hireup, we recommend you attempt to contact them first to discuss your concerns. Tackling issues early can help to build stronger, more effective relationships. If this doesn’t address your concern or contact with the person is not appropriate please contact Hireup.
If you wish to make a complaint or offer feedback, contact Hireup using our 24-hour online incident report form, email Hireup at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us between 9am and 5pm on (02) 9113 5933.
Alternate Avenue for Complaints
You can contact an external agency about any complaint you may have, and this can be done at any time for any reason. Please see a list of external agencies at the end of this statement.
It is important that any concerns are communicated with Hireup or another agency as soon as possible, so they can be addressed quickly.
Respond to Hireup
From time to time Hireup will reach out to request your feedback and insights. These interactions can also be used to make a complaint or provide feedback.
We may contact you via:
- Emails or calls from the Community Support Team
- Posting Booking Feedback Forms
- Net Promoter Score Survey.
What happens once you make a complaint or provide feedback?
- We will acknowledge receiving your complaint or feedback as soon as possible after it is received. The relevant Community Support team member will then make a record of your complaint in our user contact system.
- Action to resolve the complaint or feedback will start within 2 working days. We may seek additional information from you or other stakeholders in order to review the complaint. You will be consulted as part of the process.
- Within 5 working days of the complaint being made a course of action will be decided between you and the Community Support Team.
- You have the right to have a support person or advocate to assist or represent you during the complaints process.
- You will be kept informed of the reasons for any decisions being made and any actions being taken at every stage of the process.
- Once action has been taken, the Community Support Team will record the outcome in writing in our user contact system, you can request to see a copy of this record at any time.
- If a satisfactory course of action cannot be agreed upon within 5 working days from receiving your complaint, the Community Support Team will refer it to the Head of Service to recommend a course of action.
- Should Hireup change or adjust any service, process or procedure as a result of receiving your feedback or complaint, we will communicate this with you, our Board of Directors and others as needed.
Please note, if you are not comfortable with any part of the Hireup complaints process, or you are not satisfied with the proposed solutions or strategies, or you do not feel comfortable making a complaint to Hireup, you may wish to approach an external agency (listed below).