It’s important to read this checklist carefully before every shift, so that you can continue providing safe support and ensure we, as your employer, can support you.
1. Have you read Hireup’s Safety Standards?
2. Have you completed the Covid-19 Infection Control Training?
3. Are you confident and comfortable with infection control and PPE guidelines?
4. Do you know that if you have any symptoms of being unwell (cough, runny nose, temperature over 37.5, loss of taste) you should not attend work, you should be tested for Covid-19?
5. Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, disembarked from a cruise ship, travelled internationally or travelled to an area within Australia considered high-risk for community transmission within the last 14 days?
6. Are you familiar with your state and area’s current restrictions?
7. Are you in an area that has had a cluster of cases, or determined to be a hotspot?
8. If in a border community, have you applied for and received a permit to travel interstate for employment purposes?
9. Do you have a supply of face masks for your bookings for the week?
10. Do you have a separate supply of PPE if travelling on public transport to and from support shifts?
11. Are you travelling to and from home and work in the most direct, socially-distanced way possible for you?
12. Is Hireup your only employer? If working elsewhere, does the job require you to attend a workplace? (e.g. another service provider, aged care, health care, abattoir). If so, please let Hireup know.
13. If supporting more than one person in a day, do you have time to go home and change clothes? If not, do you have a spare change of clothes to put on between shifts?
14. Is the support you provide essential for the time you are providing it? For example, if you support two people consecutively, could you talk to Person B about making the booking later so that you have time to change clothes, etc. in between shifts?
15. Have you discussed your living arrangements with the people you support? For example, if you live in a share house, with people working in a hospital setting, who are immunocompromised, etc.
16. Do you let the people you support know your movements outside of work and home? For example, socialising with friends in a pub, going on holidays, seeing people who work in a healthcare setting, etc.
17. Are you a carer for someone in your household? Have you let the people you support know this?
18. Have you had the influenza vaccination for this year?