Please read this checklist carefully before every shift, so that you can continue receiving support and ensure your workers are supported.
1. Do you have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19? If yes, please let us know so we can make sure your supports can continue, and your Hireup support workers are supported.
2. Are you familiar with your state and area’s current restrictions? It is important to keep up to date with the latest health advice from your state Government.
3. Are you providing an environment where infection control is supported? For example, appropriate hand soap, sanitizers, gloves (where required).
4. If you are able and comfortable, are you wearing PPE while being supported?
5. Have you reduced non-essential face to face support where possible? Have you considered alternatives? For example, buying groceries online rather than at the shop, remote social support rather than the support worker in your home, being in another room of your home while the support worker cleans, etc.
6. Have you determined which hours of support are essential and which could be temporarily paused if required?
7. Have you set out your expectations for support workers with regards to their movements outside of work and home? For example, socialising with friends in a pub, going on holidays, seeing people who work in a healthcare setting, etc.
8. Have you spoken to your support worker about their other workplaces? Can you support times where they are able to go home and change between shifts?
9. Are your hours flexible? If you have two support workers, could they work at different times? (Only when possible, not when 2:1 is required for safe support).
10. Have you made a COVID-19 preparedness plan? This includes things like: who would support you if you and/or your support worker and/or informal supports became unwell? Where would this support take place? Include an emergency plan, e.g. if you needed to go to hospital due to Covid-19.
11. Have you discussed your preparedness plan with your support workers?
12. Have you made your preparedness plan and emergency plan available to your informal supports and support workers? Is it easily accessible in the home?
13. Have you talked to your support workers about providing additional hours of support if required? For example, if one support worker becomes unwell?
14. Have you asked your support workers if they are comfortable providing support to you if you or someone in your household is tested or is confirmed with COVID-19? *Hireup provides all necessary PPE in the event of potential/confirmed COVID-19 exposure.
15. Have you had the Influenza vaccination for this year? Have you encouraged your team to have this?