Preparing to become a parent can be an exciting time, and as a Hireup support worker it's important to know if you’re eligible for Paid Parental Leave from the Australian Government and how to apply. We’ve put together a guide to make sure you know what’s available.
Check your eligibility requirements:
We recommend checking the criteria for Parental Leave. Hireup is registered with Services Australia, who outline the eligibility requirements for Parental Leave Pay.
Support worker parental leave process:
As a support worker, we want to make sure that you have the necessary information about how to apply for Paid Parental Leave with Hireup as your employer. Here’s a guide to give you an overview of the process:
- Fill out the Centrelink application form and make sure to add Hireup as the contact. Email: email@example.com
- Centrelink will communicate with us to confirm your employment with Hireup.
- After your employment is confirmed, Hireup will receive Parental Leave payments from Centrelink which we will then pay you fortnightly. The first payment is a lump sum as per Centrelink payment instruction.
- It’s important to note that you’ll still need to report your payslips as income to the ATO.
- Hireup will contact you once we have Centrelink confirmation about the employment request.
- Our compliance team will check in with you to ask if we can hide your profile or turn off ‘looking for work’.