We believe that 'people are better off when they can do for themselves, rather than having something done for them or to them'. We want all people, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation or identity, ethnicity or religion to have the opportunity to engage safely and comfortably within the Hireup platform and enjoy the benefits of having choice and control over their lives.
We understand that diverse communities and individuals require diverse needs and therefore we are committed to ensuring our online community reflects the real world we're living and working in.
Forms of Discrimination
Under federal and state legislation, it is unlawful to harass someone based on any of the attributes specified under anti-discrimination or human rights legislation. All Hireup users must commit to not harassing or bullying other community members based on:
- relationship status
- parental status race
- religious belief or activity
- political belief or activity impairment
- trade union activity
- lawful sexual activity
- pregnancy breastfeeding
- family responsibilities
- gender identity
- age or
- an association with, or relation to, a person identified on the basis of any of the above attributes.
Diversity and Inclusion Actions
We are committed to creating a community that is diverse, inclusive, safe and accessible for all Hireup users and we enact this commitment through a number of actions:
- Setting expectations for user behaviour through our Code of Conduct, Client Service Agreement and Support Worker Employment Agreement
- Responding quickly and fairly to any complaints or incidents of harassment or bullying.
- Utilising our digital platform to understand the specific individual needs and requirements of our users.
- Utilising the User Profile functionality in our digital platform to enable users (People with a Disability and Support Workers) to communicate their specific requirements and to build connections based on common ground.
- Implementing a localised approach to rolling out the Hireup platform to communities. Ensuring that the community make up in Hireup represents the real world community.
- Ensuring we are responsive, adaptive and compliant with all diversity and inclusion issues and concerns by proactively seeking feedback and advice from our users, community groups and experts.
- Ensuring the technology and systems we use are built to best practice accessibility standard.
Version 2 I Revision date: Aug 2019 I All previous versions are superseded I © Hireup Pty Ltd
This document is reviewed annually unless legislative or organisational changes require earlier review.