If you would like to apply for the NDIS, visit the am I eligible checklist on the NDIS website. To meet the eligibility criteria, you must:
- be aged between 7 and 65
- be an Australian citizen, permanent Visa holder, or Protected Special Category Visa holder
- need support from another person because of a permanent and significant disability
- use equipment because of a permanent and significant disability
- need support now to reduce your future needs
For a breakdown of where NDIS support is available, go to the NDIS website. It’s important to check if the NDIS is available in your area.
If you have been receiving disability support services, the National Disability Insurance Agency will notify you when you can apply for the NDIS.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will need to do the following to apply for the NDIS:
- make an Access Request
- provide information about your disability
If you would like to find out more about this process, please visit our blog.