An account manager helps a person seeking support manage their Hireup profile. This person handles managing all aspects of the platform. This could include:
- Checking and responding to messages
- Posting on the job board
- Booking and approving shifts and ensuring all invoices are being paid.
- On-the-job training of workers as well as staff management
- Keeping all information accurate and up to date
- Signing and agreeing to the service agreement
The Account Manager is the point of contact for all matters relating to the account, including the emergency contact.
Do I need an account manager?
- If you are under the age of 18, you will need an account manager.
- If you have a Power of Attorney in place, you will need an account manager.
- If you feel you need help to use the internet or need support in managing your support workers, you may benefit from having an account manager. You will still have choice and control over who supports you and what supports you receive while using Hireup. An account manager helps you put this in place.
Who can be an account manager?
Typically, account managers are the unpaid support in a person’s life, such as a family member or significant other.
Alternatively, an account manager can also be someone in a paid capacity (such as a support coordinator). Please discuss how this will work with your coordinator before you sign up.