Anyone with a disability can access the Hireup platform to search for, connect with, hire and manage their own support workers. We recognise that the platform may not be suitable for everyone and support each person to make informed decisions on whether Hireup is the right service provider for them. We encourage and empower people seeking support to engage in the appropriate services for them both through our platform and with other providers.
Approach to referrals
Hireup does not provide direct referral services but if a user requires support to connect with alternate or additional service providers, we provide information on possible options within their local area.
Where appropriate, we also recommend using their Hireup support workers to assist with searching.
People seeking support can engage with Hireup to determine whether the model is right for them by reviewing the website and marketing materials or through interactions with the Hireup team.
People seeking support may also start the process of registering for Hireup and when the ‘pending approval’ stage is reached, the Hireup team will review the application to assess whether Hireup is the right fit. The review process may involve conversations with the applicant and other stakeholders. The team is looking to understand whether:
- The person seeking support has access to a computer or tablet to use the platform
- The person seeking support is able to manage their own account or can nominate an account manager
- The types and complexity of support required.
If it is determined that Hireup is not the right fit Hireup will:
- Try to provide appropriate recommendations for alternative supports, taking into account:
- Support requirements
- Cultural and Linguistic requirements
- The vulnerability of the person seeking support
- Other specific requirements e.g gender, sexuality, religion.
- Provide options for the person seeking support to connect with us in the future if circumstances change.
If a current user is leaving the platform for any reason, the Hireup team will ensure assistance is provided to transition from Hireup to an alternate provider, where requested and possible. This could include:
- Organising for Hireup support workers to provide support through an alternate provider
- Organising for Hireup support workers to provide short-term support through Hireup until the person seeking support has transitioned to the alternate provider
- With permission from the person seeking support, liaise with alternate providers on their behalf.