A sleepover shift is a booking of 12 hours, made up of 8 hours of sleep and 4 hours of support before and/or after sleeping. During the 8 hours of sleep, there is no expectation of being woken, except for (up to) two hours of assistance where required during the night.
As with all bookings on Hireup, the platform will calculate the cost of the sleepover shift. Once you fill in the hours, the cost breakdown will appear.
For more information on sleepover bookings, check out our article explaining how sleepover bookings work.
- Log into Hireup
- Once you’ve decided who you’d like to work with, you can book them via their profile or a message. If you’ve worked with this person before, you can book them through 'your team' on the right hand side of your Dashboard.
- Request a booking by entering: start date, start time and finish time
- Next, select 'yes' under the question: Does this shift include a sleepover?
- Pick a time you think you and your support worker will go to sleep (this can be an estimate). This will start the 8 hour sleep over component of the booking
- Review the booking times, and click 'Request Booking'
- The support worker will then confirm or decline your request
Please note: all sleepover bookings are to be 12 hours (to comply with the SCHADS award). You can book and have your support worker work less than 12 hours however, you will be charged sleepover compliance hours for any hours not booked to make up 12 hours. Learn more about how sleepovers work on Hireup.