Hireup has a Zero Tolerance policy towards the abuse, negligence, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. In addition to this, we have built a number of safeguards into our platform and policies to ensure that we are fostering a safe and appropriate online and offline community for all of our users.
We have developed a range of safeguarding and response systems to ensure that we are actively preventing abuse and neglect and can respond to incidents quickly and professionally. All users on the Hireup platform go through comprehensive screening processes to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for them to be part of the Hireup community.
Hireup has an incident response team that is available 24/7 to investigate and resolve incidents. On top of this, the team ensures that each piece of feedback is reviewed and responded to swiftly and discreetly.
Hireup plays a critical role in the prevention of abuse, neglect and negligence.
It is our responsibility to ensure that our users:
- are appropriately screened and verified prior to entering the community
- are educated on abuse and neglect
- (and their families and carers) are provided with support after identifying and reporting incidents of abuse, neglect and exploitation
- are not negatively impacted as a result of reporting concerns or providing feedback.
It is also our responsibility to:
- proactively monitor our community for warning signs of abuse, neglect and negligence
- remove barriers to reporting by creating a culture that is open and responsive to feedback, complaints and incident notifications
- respond to reports in a timely, fair and serious manner
- make the mandatory reports to relevant state and territory government departments and regulators in a timely manner.