Hireup can be accessed by anyone with a disability to search for, connect with, hire and manage their own support workers. We recognise that the platform may not be suitable for everyone, and support each individual to make informed decisions on whether the platform is right for them. We encourage and empower people seeking support to engage in the appropriate services both through our platform and with other providers.
If through the process of registering for Hireup, a user finds that the platform is not the right option, the Hireup team will:
- Try to provide appropriate recommendations for alternative supports, taking into account:
- Support requirements
- Cultural and linguistic requirements
- The vulnerability of the person seeking support
- Other specific requirements for example gender, sexuality, religion.
- Provide options for the person seeking support to connect with us in the future if circumstances change.
If a current user is leaving the platform for any reason, the Hireup team will ensure assistance is provided to transition from Hireup to an alternate provider, where requested and possible.
Some actions the Hireup team may take include:
- Organising for Hireup support workers to provide support through an alternate provider
- Organise for our support workers to provide short-term support on Hireup until the user has transitioned to the alternate provider.
- With permission from the user, liaise with alternate providers on their behalf.
Where appropriate, we will provide information on available supports or contacts, which may include:
- Government and Non-Government Services
- Health Services
- NDIS support/information.
For more information, you can check out our referral guidelines for people seeking support.