Hireup recognises that people seeking support on Hireup may require assistance with the administration of medication. Hireup is committed to the safe administration of medication. Hireup has built the following safeguards to ensure safe practices are used:
- Medication Administration Forms (MAF) completed by anyone seeking support who requires medication administration
- Requiring medication that is to be given by disability support worker to be in a blister pack
- Support workers are not permitted to administer Pro re nata (PRN) Schedule 8 medication other than dexamphetamine and methylphenidate.
- Requiring a register of Schedule 8 (S8) medications to be kept if disability support workers are required to manage or administer it.
- People seeking support must provide training to disability support workers on the safe administration of medication.
For more information, please read the Hireup Statement on Medication management.