No, Hireup’s comprehensive insurance policy does not cover car insurance for people seeking support or support workers who choose to travel in a vehicle while working on Hireup. Our comprehensive insurance cover includes public liability, professional indemnity and workers compensation. All Hireup users who want to use their own vehicles on a Hireup shift must have compulsory third party insurance and we highly recommend users have comprehensive car insurance. Any incident or damage to a vehicle will need to be covered by the individual’s own car insurance. People seeking support should check that a worker has adequate insurance before working together.
Articles in this section
- Permanent employment at Hireup
- Code of Conduct for home care and support workers
- What is my job description?
- Will I receive training?
- How many hours can I work in a fortnight?
- Fair Work Information Statement
- What are support plans?
- What should I do if the person I support asks me to work without creating a booking through Hireup?
- Does Hireup provide car insurance?