Under the SCHADS industry award, a worker is entitled to claim $0.78 per kilometre as a Vehicle Allowance. This only applies for the distance they have driven during that shift. This does not include travel to and from the shift.
How do I get paid the allowance as a worker?
Hireup will pay Vehicle Allowance for support workers on a two week basis with their usual pay. The pay slip will show you the number of kilometres traveled and the total amount for payment.
How is it recorded?
To claim the Vehicle Allowance, support workers must enter the total kilometres traveled during the shift. They submit their shift hours on the Hireup booking form. The user seeking support will approve this amount.
Can I claim a Vehicle Allowance if I provided transport support during a shift (travel/kilometre expenses)?
Yes, under the SCHADS industry award, support workers can claim $0.78 per kilometre. Support workers using their own vehicle are able to claim this allowance. This does not include travel to and from a shift.
How do I use the Vehicle Allowance feature on Hireup?
Users seeking support can enable the Vehicle Allowance feature. These users can turn the feature on or off at any time. To do this, go to the left of the Hireup dashboard, and looks for the 'your team' box.
For support workers:
- The person seeking support should enable Vehicle Allowance on the booking
- Find the shift you are wanting to submit, and click Review on the right of the booking
- Click Review and Submit on the next booking screen
- Click the box I need to claim vehicle allowance for this booking
- Enter in where you drove to, and the distance travelled (in kilometres)
- Click Save and Submit